The Best WooCommerce Web Design Company to Help You Succeed Online
Our eCommerce agency has deep experience with WooCommerce consulting, design, and development. The Seota developers have developed 100s of WooCommerce stores. This experience allows us to create your online store quickly, integrate it into your website and get you selling in no time.
Seota's website design experience coupled with our eCommerce development knowledge allows us to reduce your time to market. That means we can have your business selling online with a brand your a proud of, with features you need. Get a Free Consult.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an Open Source software that installs inside of WordPress and has most of the functionality a small business needs to run a fairly sophisticated eCommerce store. (read more)
WooCommerce, when combined with WordPress plugins & Woo plugins, allows a small business to get an entry-level eCommerce store with some very advanced functionality. We can integrate Woo to almost any payment gateway including Stripe, Authorize.net, Paypal Payments Pro, Braintree, or just about anything else you use to take payments online.
Other eCommerce Development Services
We are not limited to WooCommerce consulting, we are also experts in Shopify, and custom eCommerce Solutions. Using our agency's in-depth experience across platforms, we can help you decide on the best path to selling online.
Online Payments and Inventory Management Built-In
Adding online payment processing to WooCommerce is typically very easy. There are free or very inexpensive extensions for most major CC processors. Even if you use a smaller CC processor, our developers can quickly write a custom API extension to get your payments flowing smoothly.
Inventory management in Woo can be done per SKU. For instance, if you sell footwear. Each size of a product would have its own SKU, and you can set inventory numbers per SKU. We can also do add-ons, options, and gift notes with each product sold in WooCommerce. If you have an ERP system, we can integrate your store to your ERP to get real-time inventory to improve the shopping experience.
Managing Orders and Customers
Woo uses the WordPress user management system to manage customers and it has a really simple interface to allow you to manage your online orders. We really like the simplicity of Woo for our clients that do less than 5 million in online revenue.
Should I use WooCommerce for my online store?
WooCommerce is not right for every small business. Our experienced eCommerce services team can help you find the right solution for your project & long-term business objectives and your online store. (learn more about picking shopping platforms)
We also design and create eCommerce solutions in Shopify.
What can you sell with WooCommerce?
With WooCommerce development you can sell anything! We have stores in our portfolio that sell products ranging from pool tables to candles, we have helped clients sell just about anything you can imagine. We even helped restaurant clients take orders with WooCommerce during covid lockdowns. We integrated WooCommerce into our custom food menu plugin to help them keep their revenue flowing when their doors were closed.
- WordPress integration (required)
- No cost per transaction to use
- Easy to use
- Improved experience for store owners
- Works with most payment gateways
- Currency control
- Collect sales tax
- Easy to add/manage products
- Set product variables
- Inventory management (per SKU)
- Real-time shipping calculations
- Allow multiple shipping methods
- Discount coupons and codes by % or by $
- Product reviews
- Excellent reporting tools
- Owner dashboard
Did you know that we can integrate the WooCommerce eCommerce platforms into your accounting software? If you run a combination online / offline store, then you know the headaches of keeping your inventory in sync. By integrating with Sage, Freshbooks, or Quickbooks we can eliminate the hassle of manual entry of sales into your accounting system. An eCommerce website does not have to be a hassle to manage.
We can also do real-time integration between Woo and your shipping partners like UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation.
Make your life easier with custom business integration between your eCommerce platform and your business.
The Seota Digital Marketing agency is a WordPress Design, WooCommerce design, and eCommerce development company providing affordable, custom WooCommerce websites from our offices in Frisco, TX.
The Things You Need To Know Before Hiring an eCommerce Agency
Table of Contents
- What Is WooCommerce?
- What Do WooCommerce Development Agencies Do?
- How Much Do WooCommerce Development Companies Charge?
- Why Choose WooCommerce as Your eCommerce Platform?
- How To Find The Right WooCommerce Development Agency For Your Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A WooCommerce Agency
What is WooCommerce?
Built to leverage the WordPress platform, WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin that is rich in features and constantly getting better.
WooCommerce piggybacks on WordPress so you get all the benefits and features of WordPress and you get a fully integrated eCommerce experience for your users.
The major difference between a WooCommerce eCommerce site and a hosted SaaS eCommerce site like Shopify or BigCommerce is that you own it. The code resides on hosting you or your development partner control. You can move it, change it, and extend it as you see fit.
If you work with a top-tier developer like Seota, there is almost no limit to what you can do with WooCommerce.
What Do WooCommerce Development Agencies Do?
Agencies that work with WooCommerce vary widely, some have professional developers on staff that can do a great deal, and others employ WordPress power users that do a lot of things via the WordPress and WooCommerce interface, but they can’t actually write code.
Here are the development services we offer for WooCommerce at Seota:
- Design: At Seota, our agency custom designs the WooCommerce Shopping experience to match your brand.
- Development: As a top WooCommerce development company, Seota employs developers that know how to write plugins and code to extend and enhance WooCommerce. We have written plugins, custom imports, and integrations to ERP, and Point of Sales Systems.
- SEO: The Best WooCommerce Agencies also offer eCommerce marketing and SEO services. If you have a website that sells products or services, you need to increase your online store’s traffic and conversions to be successful.
- Project management: We have expert Project Managers that will be able to guide your entire store building project, from the initial concept to your first sale.
- Management and Support: Your online store will require continuous support and updates. Most top WooCommerce Companies will offer this. At Seota we have plans to fit every budget.
How Much Do WooCommerce Development Companies Charge?
Just like with other services from a professional agency, the cost of your eCommerce development project will depend on what you need to be done. Simple stores with simple products will be easier to build and will cost less. Complex products with complex options will increase your cost to build eCommerce on any platform.
If you are planning to start an eCommerce business on WooCommerce or if you need a re-design, here is what you can expect to spend:
- $3,500 – $7,500: If you have a simple project with simple eCommerce needs, budget a minimum of $3,500 to get it done correctly. If you have an agency offering to do it for less, you have a high risk of the project never getting finished or not being to your satisfaction.
- $5,000 – $16,000: Most small business eCommerce projects fall into this budget range, and most are on the lower end of the range. A well-made small business eCommerce site with some basic custom designs and features should be under 10k.
- $10,000 – $80,000: If your company is looking for a custom shopping experience that takes the User Journey, User Persona into account, has complex product options and has a custom theme then you can expect to spend a fair amount of money to accomplish your goals. At Seota we can do a lot for you in the $15-20k range. We have had eCommerce sites with ERP/POS integrations with budgets slightly over 80k. If you have very complex needs, please call us to discuss them. Chances are we have already built a solution that will help you keep your cost down.
Why Choose WooCommerce as Your eCommerce Platform?
The WooCommerce platform is a really good choice for a small business that wants to own their site, keep operating cost down, and have maximum flexibility. With the right development partner, like Seota, you can do almost anything with Woo.
Woo is the backbone of millions of online stores in the US and abroad. It is quickly deployed and easy to manage.
As of the writing of this article, about 29% of all eCommerce websites run on WooCommerce, which is more than Shopify, BigCommerce or any of the other major competitors. According to BuiltWith, there are 12.9 Million websites using some form of WooCommerce. Not all of them sell things, some use the platform in Catalog mode. There are almost 4 million WooCommerce installs that offer a checkout feature (they sell something online).
So Why Should You Use WooCommerce?
- Affordability: WooCommerce is affordable. The whole ecosystem is set up to be affordable. (monthly fees won’t eat into your profits)
- Accessibility: There are great web design agencies that know WooCommerce so building a custom shopping experience is very easy with Woo – you have access to 1,000s of developers.
- Extendibility: WooCommerce is built as Open-Source software so your agency's ability to customize it and extend it to meet your needs is limitless. We integrate WooCommerce to ERP systems, Point of Sale Systems, CRM, Accounting, Cloud Based Repair Order systems, and almost any other 3rd party platform you can think of. Including Zenoti, the world’s largest Spa Management Software.
- Portability: You can host WordPress in a cloud or on a server that you control. You can quickly move it from one host to another and have 100% control.
- Ownership: You own the code. On Shopify, you may own your custom store code, but it will only run on the Shopify Platform, which you have no control over.
How To Find The Right WooCommerce Development Agency For Your Company
Well, since you are on our website, you may have already found the best agency for you, but we are not for every business. We don’t build many projects on the very low end of the market. We will help some small businesses with minimal budgets, but it is on a case-by-case basis. Here are some of the things to consider when hiring a development agency:
- Industry-specific knowledge: There are some niches that have some very unique issues that are better served by an agency that specializes in that niche. Regulations, difficulty with CC processing, & special product configuration challenges are just some that come to mind. Check the agency's portfolio and ask if they have done similar stores before. Again, this is not usually important, but it can be.
- Real development skills: WooCommerce is very easy until it isn’t. We pick up a lot of projects from clients that started with other developers that could not finish the job. If you think you will need custom features, make sure you hire a company that can do more than configure WooCommerce.
- Client reviews: This goes without saying, check the potential development partners' reviews. Watch for fake reviews, they are often overly vague or seem like they were written by the company.
- Time in Business: How long has the company been around? All agencies have to start somewhere, but the more complex your project the more risk you take by hiring a young company.
- Budget: It is important to be honest about your budget, if you have a Motel 6 budget, be sure you hire a company that charges Motel 6 prices. As a rule of thumb, you are going to get what you pay for up to a certain point.
10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A WooCommerce Agency
These questions may help you avoid hiring the wrong company to complete your project. This is not an exhaustive list but it will help you.
Here are the questions you need to ask:
- How many eCommerce projects have you done in the last 12 months?
- Have you worked in our niche or industry?
- Do you think that WooCommerce is the best fit for my company? (we often try to evaluate the client's needs and guide them on the right platform, Woo is not always it)
- Based on my product mix, does WooCommerce have all the features I need, or will I have to buy plugins? For example, we have a client that sells pool tables that can be highly customized. From felt color to slate thickness, to the quality of the pool balls. This required a lot of custom coding, WooCommerce could not handle this by itself.
- How long will the development process take?
- Will you help me get my products loaded?
- Will basic SEO be baked into my store?
- How much do you charge for your services? (fixed priced or hourly)
- Are there any additional costs that I should be aware of?
- Can you deliver within my budget?
Remember, Seota builds multiple WooCommerce projects per quarter and we have highly trained and experienced developers that can make WooCommerce do almost anything that you need to be done.