Save your customers the frustration of showing up at your business to find out that you are closed. You may not realize it but dozens of websites advertise your business hours. Google, Facebook, Yelp and many other sites show your business hous. Your customers assume that the web contains the accurate information about your business and they rely on it. Be sure you edit your holiday hours on the sites your customers visit most.
Here are quick instructions to update your hours on the business big 3 social sites.
Update Your Google Listing to Reflect Your Holiday Hours in Google My Business (GMB)
Google makes it real easy to add special hours for the holidays. Here are step-by-step instructions how to get this done. Side Note: If you are a Seota Local Seo client and you responded to our email, your hours have been updated. You can go back to your eggnog.
- Login to https://business.google.com
- If you have multiple locations you can download the csv and update the listings in Excel.
- To edit holiday hours 1-by-1 select the first location to edit by clicking on it. This should take you to the info page for that location. If it did not, look for the info link on the left. (it may be hidden, look for the three lines that represent a drop down menu it is)
- On the info page in the left center column, scroll down past your normal business hours until you see the Calendar icon.
- Click the pencil to edit. Google will display common days that need to be edited. You can toggle Open/Closed and change the hours and add days for special hours.
- Click Apply and Google will take you back to your Info page. You have just saved your holiday hours in GMB.
- While you are here you may as well verify all the info on the page.
Update Your Holiday Hours On Facebook
Facebook does not make it as easy to change your hours. For FB we recommend you post an image on the days you are closed to remind your customers that you will not be open.
Update Your Holiday Hours on Yelp
Yelp has a ‘special hours’ setting that is easy to use.
- Navigate to https://biz.yelp.com and login
- If you have multiple listings navigate to single listing view (click a location on the left)
- On the left nav locate and click “Business Information”
- Scroll down until you see “Special Hours” Click the pencil to add or edit
- Yelp does not offer a list of known holidays. You will have to each date individually.
- Save Changes and you are done.
Seota clients will have to make a special request for us to manage Yelp hours. It is not part of our standard service. If you have paid listings with Yelp we recommend you send your Yelp customer service rep your updated hour to see if they will do it for you. (you may be able to upload in your spreadsheet if you have multiple managed listings)It is never to early to add holiday hours, if you hare in the system making edits there is no reason not to add all of the years holidays in one sitting.
If you need assistance, please call us at 972-737-2830.