Selecting a web development company to build your website or custom web application can be a difficult decision. We know, we do sub-contract work for a number of agencies. Some of the agencies we do work for are great at sales but can’t deliver projects on time or on budget. Some agencies have a great process and great talent but they are understaffed. Some agencies are just very proud of the work they do (and that we do for them) and their prices are too high, and then some digital agencies are just right.
So, with all that in mind, how do you pick the perfect agency to deliver your project?
First you should know what you are looking for in a web development company. Are you looking for a more business-minded agency or a more creative one? Do you want a digital agency to handle SEO and pay-per-click advertising, or just design? Do you have a budget in mind? Budget is important. You can’t have the best agency on a shoestring budget…
Once you decide what you are looking for in a digital partner, use these criteria to narrow the field.
- Find one that has an office and a physical location. The digital agencies with an office are more stable and are more likely to complete your project.
- Find an agency that has a track record of finishing projects. Ask them how long did each of their last three projects take? Were the projects delivered on time? Did they meet the milestones on time?
- The digital agency you choose to do your work should understand your business objectives. Having a pretty website is nice, having one that helps you drive revenue is better, getting both is best.
- Did they ask you what you wanted to accomplish?
- Did they talk about measuring results to see if they meet your objectives?
- Did they talk about conversion ratios and acquisition cost?
- Will they do the work in-house or will they sub-contract the work out to another agency?
- Do they do development overseas or onshore?
- Can they meet your deadline?
If you use the guidelines above you will have a better chance of getting your project completed. We see a lot of clients who have already paid another company to do a website that was never finished.
Pro tip: Be sure to sign or esign an agreement that spells out what you will getting for what you spend.
Seota is always a safe choice. We offer the perfect blend of creative and business strategy to get your project done in such a way that it improves your business. We have been doing it since 2009 and we have yet to miss a deadline. We also do work for other agencies in DFW.
Talk to a Web Developer